Baking soda and castor oil are the two most popular natural remedies, which have found their place in almost every home. In some countries, folk remedies containing baking soda and castor oil are even still used.
Castor oil is one of the classic folk medicines, used to treat a large number of health conditions for centuries. It was and still is a natural remedy in countries like Egypt and India.
The combination of castor oil and baking soda is a great alternative to mainstream medications, that have costly side effects.
What many people don’t know is that castor oil has a lot of medicinal properties. It can be used to treat different diseases and even different parts of the body. Castor oil is very penetrating so it can get deep into the skin tissue and the pores, while baking soda can cleanse your skin from inside out.
What are the health benefits of castor oil?
Castor oil is known for its great health benefits; it hardly requires any introduction. But all the benefits, purposes, and uses of castor oil are not yet fully understood and appreciated by all of us. There are a lot of people who have this amazing product in their homes but do not know that they can use it for many things.
- It treats burn, bruises and cuts effectively.
- Put a drop of castor oil in your eyes before going to bed to cure a cataract.
- Massage some castor oil on your stomach to reduce and prevent stretch marks.
- A mixture of baking soda and castor oil can eliminate dark spots on your face.
- Castor oil can eliminate pilonidal cysts effectively.
- To heal an injured ankle quickly, put a coating of castor oil on it.
- To treat allergies, drink 5 drops of the oil every day.
- Chronic coarseness and vocal cord nodules can be cured by applying a castor oil coating on the neck.
- Rub some castor oil on your eyelids before going to bed to treat eye allergies.
- Drink a couple of drops of castor oil every day to reduce your nicotine and alcohol addiction.
- A few drops of castor oil in your ear will drastically improve your hearing.
- Drink 6-8 drops of the oil for 4 months to cure tinnitus.
- Massage your scalp with castor oil every day to make your skin glow like crazy.
- Applying castor oil coating on an aching back will relieve the pain.
- Apply castor oil coating on your stomach to relieve diarrhoea.
- Daily application of castor oil coatings can cure fungal infections on the feet such as Athlete’s foot.
- To eliminate warts, rub them with castor oil for a month.
- Massage your soles with castor oil regularly to reduce the calcium deposits.
- To get rid of moles in a month, rub some castor oil on them.
- Hyperactivity can be treated by applying castor oil soakings on the stomach.
- Apply some castor oil on bug bites to reduce the swelling and itching.
- Castor oil is one of the best remedies against hepatitis.
- A mixture of baking soda and castor oil can treat cancer.
- Apply some castor oil coatings on the stomach for 2 weeks to stop snoring.
How to make castor oil wipes
Castor oil compresses are very easy to make and are extremely effective. Buy some cold-pressed castor oil from a health shop or online. You will also need a plastic sheet, clean gauze or cotton flannel, a hot water bottle, and a towel.
Clean your skin with baking soda before and after using the compress. Soak the gauze in castor oil and apply it to the affected area. Cover with the plastic sheet and put the hot water bottle over it. Wrap a towel over it and hold it in place for at least an hour.
Having a simple home remedy for treating facial wrinkles is always useful. Castor oil is one of the most effective natural ingredients that can be used for skincare. It is obtained from the castor plant seeds and works as a lubricant while causing tightening of the tissues. It also stimulates collagen production and helps to repair sun-damaged skin.
Repeat this process for 40 days, and change the coating every time it smells strange or changes colors.
Castor oil and baking soda are two of the most underrated household ingredients, as well as two of the most effective. Our ancestors depended on them as their sole resources for everyday health care. As the years have gone by, different types of products have replaced homemade remedies, but nothing can be better than nature.