Kadai mutton recipe is a delicacy in Northern India. The taste, flavour, and style of cooking this recipe are unique. The method of cooking this recipe makes it very popular among food lovers. This mutton recipe can be tasted at every corner of Northern Indian and Pakistan. Kadai recipes are considered a delicacy in Pakistan. It is part of every food menu served either in restaurant or street food booths.
The recipe is very simple doesn’t need any exotic cooking ingredients. Kadai mutton recipe is cooked in pure (desi) ghee. It has a mouth-watering taste and aroma that comes from the tender and juicy mutton and dum style of cooking. This Kadai mutton recipe is very healthy and is the first choice of every keto diet lover. This delicacy is a paradise for food lovers.
Here is the recipe for Kadai Mutton:
- 400 ml pure ghee
- 1 kg mutton
- 1 tsp salt
- 750 gm tomato
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup garlic water
- 3-4 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of coriander, finely chopped
- Put a Kadai or pan over the gas stove (on high flame)
- Add 400ml desi ghee to the Kadai and heat for 3-4 minutes over a high flame
- Add mutton to the Kadai, along with 1 tsp of salt, and cover it with a lid for dum cooking.
- Stir the ingredient after every 3-4 minutes until the colour of the mutton turns golden brown.
- Add 1 tsp of red chilli powder
- Add 750 gm of roughly chopped tomato to the Kadai and cover it with the lid
- Pour 1 cup of garlic water on top of that after adding tomato and let it cook for 5-10 minutes
- Stir the mixture regularly until the tomato is completely cooked except the skin, remove the skin of the tomatoes from the mixture and let it cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves, green chilli, and 1 tsp of black pepper powder and let it cook for 7-10 minutes
- The recipe is ready to be served
This unique recipe is well served with naan (butter/garlic) or khameeri roti along with a salad platter. You must try this easy to cook delicious mutton recipe to savour the brilliance of dum cooking.