Spicy mushroom & broccoli noodles recipe is easy to prepare and easy to cook recipe for noodle lovers. Shiitake mushrooms give this healthy stir-fry a ‘meaty texture and flavour.
Noodle is a type of pasta made from flour, water, and occasionally eggs that are cut into thin strips. The threads come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and they can be fresh or dried. Noodles are commonly used as an accompaniment to soups, sauces, and stir-fried dishes in South-Eastern cuisine.
- 1 cube of low-salt vegetable stock
- 2 nests of medium egg noodle
- 250g thickly sliced shiitake or chestnut mushroom
- 1 small broccoli head, broken into florets
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 thinly sliced spring onions
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Crumble one dried chilli into pieces
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- A handful of roasted cashews
- Place the stock cube in a pan of water and wait till it properly boils. Add some noodles and boil the mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes. Boil for 2 minutes more after adding the broccoli. Drain the noodles and vegetables, then set aside a cup of the stock.
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan or wok and stir-fry the mushrooms for 2 minutes, or until golden. Cook for 1 minute more after adding the garlic, chilli flakes, and most of the spring onions, then add the noodles and broccoli. Toss in 3 tbsp of the stock and the hoisin sauce, then toss for 1 minute with 2 wooden spoons.
Serve the noodles with the cashew nuts and remaining spring onions scattered on top. If desired, add a dash more sesame oil to taste.