Kadai chicken is a very popular chicken recipe served in North India. This chicken recipe is widely available at every corner of North Indian and Pakistan. It can be served either at luxury dining places or small street food stalls. It is a very simple recipe that can be easily prepared at home without having exotic ingredients.
This chicken recipe is cooked in pure (desi) ghee. The taste and flavour of this recipe are mouth-watering even though it uses a very limited number of spices for cooking. This recipe is cooked through the dum method of cooking. This Kadai chicken recipe is very healthy and will be loved by keto diet enthusiasts. This delicious recipe is the perfect choice for food lovers.
Here is the recipe for Kadai Chicken:
- 400 ml pure ghee
- 1 kg chicken
- 750 gm tomato
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup garlic water
- 2 stalks of coriander, finely chopped
- 3-4 green chilli, finely chopped
- Take a Kadai and put it over high flame
- Pour 400ml desi ghee in the Kadai and heat for 3-4 minutes over a high flame
- Add chicken to the Kadai, along with 1 tsp of salt, and cover it with a lid for dum cooking.
- Stir the mixture after every 3-4 minutes until the colour of the chicken turns golden brown.
- Add 1 tsp of red chilli powder
- Add 750 gm of roughly chopped tomato to the Kadai and cover it with the lid
- Pour 1 cup of garlic water on top of that after adding tomato and let it cook for 5-10 minutes
- Stir the mixture regularly until the tomato is completely cooked except the skin, remove the skin of the tomatoes from the mixture and let it cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves, green chilli, and 1 tsp of black pepper powder and let it cook for 7-10 minutes
- The recipe is ready to be served
This recipe is well served with khameeri roti or naan (butter/garlic) along with a salad platter. If you haven’t tried this simple and healthy chicken recipe, you can easily prepare this dish in your home.