Flaxseed contains many beneficial components, including vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and fibers which are essential for the healthy functioning of the body. The fiber content regularises bowel movement and improves metabolism.
In addition to the above, there are other health benefits of consuming flaxseed. It cleanses the body of toxins, normalizes metabolism, lowers blood sugar, and reduces appetite. Flaxseeds absorb constituents from the food, cleans the intestines, and simultaneously provides lecithin for the body.
The fatty acids present in flaxseed promote ketosis where the body uses fats rather than carbohydrates to generate energy. The enhanced ketosis in the body facilitates the burning of excess fat and helps in reducing body weight.
This seed is ideal for weight loss! It helps in losing excess weight and maintaining the ideal body weight. Here is an interesting flaxseed recipe that can help you lose weight-the flaxseed tea.
Flaxseed tea can help lose excess weight without dieting and starvation, and maintain the desired weight without any side effects effect.
Health benefits of flaxseed tea
Flaxseed has been in use for centuries in Asian countries and is an integral part of Indian cooking. There are several health benefits associated with flaxseed such as enhanced metabolism, normal blood sugar and cholesterols, fat burning, and many more.
Many nutritionists recommend flaxseed tea because this tea is also healing and very useful for people suffering from gastritis, stomach ulcer, chronic constipation, and hemorrhoids. It is very soothing for acidity.
It is also known to be used in the treatment of cystitis and pyelonephritis.
How to prepare flaxseed tea?
The method of preparation of flaxseed tea is quite different than the normal tea preparation. Here are the steps that need to be followed for the preparation of flaxseed tea.
- During the night, take 1 liter of boiling water
- Add 3 tablespoons of flaxseed to it
- Let it soak overnight (better to use a thermoset bottle or any bottle with a lid)
- Strain in the morning
- You can add honey as a sweetener if you want
How to use flaxseed tea?
Flaxseed tea should always be freshly prepared. People should not try to store it for a longer duration.
- The tea should be prepared every night for the next day
- The tea should be consumed throughout the day, 3 – 4 times in 150 ml half an hour before the meal.
- The flaxseed tea should be consumed for 10 days, then make a break of 10 days and repeated the same procedure if you want to achieve the desired result.
- For weight reduction, you will need 3 – 5 treatments. Drink plenty of water during these days
This way you will lose excess weight. It is one of the healthiest and safest ways to lose weight and at the same time, it wouldn’t become an addiction.
For better taste little bit of honey can be added to the tea. This tea reduces the appetite hence it’s prudent to use it before breakfast and dinner for effective weight loss.
Regular consumption of flaxseed can make your skin healthy, tight, smooth, and glowing. This feature is very essential for women who are losing weight. Quick weight-loss results in loose and dull skin which can be avoided by using flaxseed tea.
Is the flaxseed tea safe?
The use of flaxseed tea is in general very healthy however things can go out of control if you have some underlying health condition. Consumption of flaxseed tea is not recommended in case of the below-mentioned conditions:
- Problematic liver (if you have serious liver disease, the dose should be reduced, under strict control)
- Kidney stones (flaxseed actively extracts sand and stones, but the process should be applied systematically hence consumption of tea should be controlled)
Flaxseed has a very wide range of utility for humans. It can be consumed in a variety of forms to reap the benefits of flaxseeds. Flaxseed tea can be used for weight loss and especially for women in which post-weight-loss effects are not widely accepted. The use of this tea will improve your skin tone and glow.