Chocolate chip cookies are a family favourite, a timeless classic, and an unrivalled snack, warm or cold, dipped in milk, in dough form, or baked form. No one can deny the warmth of a chocolate chip cookie, and everyone has a favourite recipe, whether it’s written on the back of a yellow Toll House bag or scrawled in your grandmother’s recipe book.
- ¼ cup all-purpose wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cups butter, softened
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into the butter mixture until thoroughly combined. Combine the chocolate chips and walnuts in a mixing bowl. Using a rounded teaspoon, drop onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- In a preheated oven, bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until just set. Cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool fully.