Banana bread is one of the popular bread recipes loved by millions of people across the world. This banana bread recipe is simple and easy to make with leftover spotty bananas on the counter. If you are looking for an easy banana bread recipe, you are at the right place. This simple recipe will help you bake the delightful banana bread that can be a beautiful addition to your freezer stash.
This is the best banana bread recipe ever, that is easy to make and simple to store. If you haven’t tried it yet, you should.
- 2 mashed very ripe bananas
- 140 grams self-rising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- Brown sugar 140g
- 140g softened butter and some extra for the tin
- 50g icing sugar
- For decoration, a handful of banana chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C.
- Butter the 2lb loaf baking container and cover the inner side of the tin with baking parchment.
- Make cream with and 140g brown sugar and 140g softened butter until light and fluffy, then gradually add 2 beaten large eggs and then add 140g of self-rising flour.
- Pour the mixture into the baking container and bake for 50 minutes, or until the cake is cooked through. Check the bread every 5 minutes with a skewer (it should not be sticky), as the time will vary based on the shape of your bread container.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack.
- To make a runny icing, combine 50g icing sugar and 2-3 teaspoons of water.
- Drizzle icing over the top of the bread and garnish with a handful of banana chips.
This easy banana bread recipe, which is a cross between banana bread and drizzle cake, is a quick bake that can be frozen. It’s also great for using up overripe bananas.