Every organ in the body is affected by acidity levels. Our lungs, bones, brains, hearts, liver, kidneys, stomach, intestines, and skin. Hence if your body is too acidic, you won’t feel that great.
When our bodies go into a state of acidosis, it becomes the best breeding ground where illness and disease can easily manifest themselves. A body that retains its alkaline setting would have less chronic inflammation, one of the top causes of almost any illness.
After a lifetime of eating the Basic American Diet Plan (SAD), the body remains in a steady state of acidity. If the body is permanently acidic, essential minerals are removed from vital organs and bones to reduce the effects of acid and eliminate them from the bloodstream. That’s why we’re seeing an upsurge in osteoporosis, your bones are literally lining up important minerals to protect them (such as calcium, salt, magnesium, and potassium).
As soon as these mineral reserves are completely depleted, there are no more reserves to be brought into action, and the body starts to run more and more acidic – and this is when serious disease (like cancer) begins to develop.
Many grains, dairy products, soy and meat are acidic. Coffee, tobacco, heavily processed foods, refined sugar, sugar substitutes and GMO oils (and all GMO foods) are often particularly acidic. When we eat (anything for that matter), acidic waste products are formed by the metabolism of these foods. These waste products must be minimized by the effects of or excreted and that is where alkaline food is available. They practically neutralize the acids of an unhealthful diet.
20 Signs of too much acidity in the body
Acidity is very common however it may be the precursor to some serious disorders. Some of the signs which indicates the acid build up in the body includes:
- Excess Phlegm
- Chest Pain
- Chronic Cough
- Chronic Fatigue
- Sinus Issues
- Bone Disorders such as osteoporosis
- Neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Dementia
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Renal and Urinary Infections
- Impaired Immunity
- Skin Problems Such as eczema, acne, rashes, and dermatitis
- Gastrointestinal Disorders Such as Bloating, Indigestion, Acid reflux and Excess gas
- Yeast Infections
- Weight Gain/Obesity
- Sciatica and Stiff Neck
- Dental Caries
- Joint & Muscle Pain
Why body doesn’t adjust pH on its own……?
Yes, it is. But at a pace, it does. Many of the body’s tissues and fluids are alkaline, except for the stomach. If the body ends up becoming too acidic, different tissues can take alkaline-forming components from other parts of the body (such as small intestine gastrointestinal enzymes or our bones)-then create a less-than-optimal condition for certain sites where alkaline-forming elements have been used.
How to neutralize the excess acidity in body……?
Modify your diet schedule, and customize your lifestyle a little, your body relies upon the lifestyle and food item we choose as part of our diet.
Tips for neutralization of excess acidity
- Drink plenty of clean water every day (the best is spring water). This will help the body flush toxic materials at a faster pace.
- Eliminate the use of acidic foods such as those mentioned above. You don’t have to remove all of them, however, reducing them to a minimum or a few times a week before you can go without them is a good point of view. If you haven’t noticed it, foods such as soda, popcorn, milk, chocolate, alcohol, coffee, white vinegar, sweeteners, poultry, wheat products, eggs, fish, soy and seafood are more acidic.
- Consume more greens which are highly alkaline. Green shakes, green drinks salads and other mixtures.
- Your emotion also influences the pH of your body. Rage, fear, resentment and envy generate the acidity of the body’s fluids. Taking part in meditation or yoga is going to help you alleviate stress.
- Avoid GMO foods
- Increase your consumption of alkaline-forming foods such as vegetables and berries are the highest, the second-best being nuts, peas, beans and legumes.
- Drinking lemon water can also help regulate acid levels.
Try to take care of yourself and your body. You’ll appreciate your efforts, and you’ll start to feel more enthusiastic and vibrant every day.
Acid buildup is very common among the people relying on fast and processed foods and its symptoms is highly ignored however, chronic acidity may lead to several disorders which may be fatal in nature. People should be very much concerned about the symptoms and tries to rectify as soon as possible. Some of the tips which might help in neutralizing the effect of acidity and balance the pH. Slight modification on the lifestyle and dietary habits may help in avoiding this sort of complications.