As we age, the skin’s natural oil production decreases and many problems like fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin start to appear. In order to keep our aging skin supple and hydrated, we must replace the lost oils. There are numerous natural oils with anti-aging effects as well as health benefits which can keep your skin hydrated, plump and full of life. In this article, we’re going to present you 10 of the best anti-aging oils that will help your skin look younger!
- Argan oil is extracted from a very unique tree which can only be found in Morocco. It helps you reduce wrinkles, spots, fine lines and sagging skin. It is very rich in vitamins A and E. Apply several drops of argan oil on cleaned skin and massage it gently using circular motions. Perform this procedure before you go to sleep or you can include argan oil into your everyday diet! Add 1 tablespoon of culinary argan oil in your regular diet.
- Olive oil is one perfect anti-aging oil that is definitely going to help you maintain a younger-looking skin. It is rich in vitamins A and E and also in many other minerals and fatty acids that your skin needs to fight free-radical damage. Massage your body with lukewarm oil for 5-10 minutes daily before you take a bath. This will help you improve your blood circulation. You can also include 1 to 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin oil in your regular diet.
- Coconut oil is excellent for preventing aging signs like wrinkles and age spots. You can also use it as a natural sunscreen which helps you protect your skin against sun damage. Massage your body with coconut oil after a bath or shower to help your skin gain moisture. Add 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil in your regular diet to keep your body healthy and prevent age-related diseases.
- Almond oil delays the aging process and treats wrinkles. Vitamins E and K are found in this oil in abundance. You can delay the effects of aging after taking a bath once a day. You can also start massaging almond oil into your skin. Apply several warm drops of almond oil beneath your bottom eyelids before going to bed to get rid of under eye wrinkles and dark circles.
- Jojoba oil is actually one of the most hydrating oils in the world that offers anti-aging benefits. This oil is very characteristic for containing vitamins E and C. Massage your skin with blended jojoba in equal amounts. Do this once a day.
- Lavender essential oil is also excellent for aging skin. It is much more than its sweet fragrance and is used extensively in many cosmetic products. This oil also possesses antifungal and antiseptic properties which help you treat numerous skin conditions, such as acne and psoriasis. Lavender essential oil will also help you sleep better at night. Add 5 or 6 drops of lavender essential oil to 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel. Massage this gently onto your skin. Wait for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water. Do this every day.
- Avocado oil can keep your skin become younger and free from aging signs. It is excellent for people with dry skin. Avocado oil is extremely rich in vitamins A and E which help you reverse age-related skin damage. It also keeps the existing cells and tissues healthy.
- Pomegranate seed oil is another excellent anti-aging oil. It is a very powerful antioxidant which fights and repairs free-radical damage caused by sun exposure and environmental factors that age your skin. It possesses antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and healing properties that support your skin health. You can use it on your face as well as the entire body.
- Wheat germ oil possesses amazing regenerating properties that help you keep your skin young and flawless for years. This oil is high in vitamin A as well as vitamin E which is a powerful anti-oxidant that helps you prevent free radical damage to skin cells. Add several drops of wheat germ oil to 1 tablespoon of fresh Aloe Vera gel and apply it on your skin. Massage it gently for 5 minutes, and let it stay on your skin for 10 minutes. Repeat this once a day. Another thing you can do is mix wheat germ oil and honey in equal amounts, and apply it on your skin. Leave it to rest for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off. Repeat this process once a day.
- Neem oil possesses anti-aging but also health-promoting qualities. It also has antiviral, antifungal, antioxidant, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. This oil is rich on polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E, which help you rejuvenate your skin cells and restore elasticity. Vitamin E has an emollient effect on skin and helps you reduce the appearance of fine lines age spots and wrinkles. This oil is excellent because it fights off bacteria that cause acne, psoriasis and eczema. First, mix 1 tablespoon of neem oil in 1/3 cup of lukewarm olive or coconut oil. Massage your skin for 5 minutes and then leave it on for another 10 minutes. Don’t rinse it off. Do this before you go to bed.
Note: We recommend you to test yourself for allergic reactions before you decide to try any of these oils!